Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"I have been asked what I mean by the word 'Word of Honor.' I will tell you : Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give me word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No , never ! I'd die first."- Karl G. Maeser

It's easy to tell someone you have their word and then go ahead and turn around and do the complete opposite. It's easy to tell any individual not to do something , but chances are they'll do it anyways. It takes a true and strong individual to keep his word and turn the other cheek. The example in this quote being used is related to being isolated in a jail cell. Giving it the illusion that no matter how impacted and caged you are, this person will find it's way out somehow. No matter how big , tall and strong the walls and gates are. However, when asked to be given your word with the simplest task even if it means not to exit a drawn out circle in the floor. Karl explains how he responded to a question with giving the easiest example , proving and showing the type of individual this man is. A man of his word & honor. Being able to withstand independently without any restrictions or authority, and only by choice is a big  and powerful step anyone can do. IT shows courage, leadership and honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment